Atelier Aquatic Drawing inspiration from life in the Ocean, to life on Earth
An Art education project with children in China to bring awareness to life in the sea and the lack of it left in China. An art project made out of recycled materials to support the concept of sustainability needed in China's Seas.
China's Empty Oceans- over fishing and pollution have so depleted China's own fishery resources that in some places including the East China Sea there are virtually no fish left.China accounted for 35% of the world's seafood consumption in 2015. Seeking catches further afield including in Indonesian waters isn't really a solution; fish stocks in the disputed South China Sea have themselves fallen by as much as 95 percent from the levels in the 1950's. If China doesn't want the rest of Asia's fisheries to suffer the same fate as its own, it's going to have to think much more ambitiously about how to create a sustainable food supply for the region.
We learnt about:
- Tropical fish and eco-systems that used to exist in Chinese seas
- What has happened to all the fish in China
- Using inspiration from conservation artist Hundertwasser
- Visual Elements; Colour, Pattern, Texture, Line
- Collage and mixed media
- How we can conserve, protect and regenerate life in the Sea
- Warm Colours, Cold Colours in art and the effect of global warming on life in th
- How we can conserve, protect, and regenerate life in the Sea
- How we can use recycled materials to make Art